Republic of Angani (Applicant) vs. Federal State of Bolvanger (Respondent)
Case Concerning The Protection Of Dark And Quiet Skies And The Freedom Of Scientific Investigation
Discover the International Institute of Space Law
The International Institute of Space Law (IISL) is the global association for space law with individual and institutional members from almost 50 countries.
The IISL’s key mission is the promotion of further development of space law and expansion of the rule of law in the exploration and use of outer space for peaceful purposes.
"The IISL is an association of all and for all, who intend to promote space law research, teaching, practising and diplomacy, which provides perspective, inclusion and adheres to the principle that the rule of law is at the basis for benefit, welfare, fairness, as well as efficiency.”
Kai-Uwe Schrogl, President
News & Information
- MLMC 2024: Responses to the Requests for ClarificationThe Responses to the Requests for Clarification of this year's Manfred Lachs Space Law Moot Court Competition have been published!
- IISL Awards nomination season openedEach year, IISL recognizes eminent and extraordinary contributions and services to the field of space law, and for advancing the broader objectives of the Institute through prestigious IISL annual awards. The annual awards are given under the following five categories: In particular, the last category of award entitled IISL Space Law Award for Young Achievers, introduced… Read more: IISL Awards nomination season opened
- Obituary: Professor José Monserrat FilhoBy Sylvia Ospina and Olavo de O. Bittencourt Neto The Space Law Community is saddened to announce the passing of José Monserrat Filho, an eminent Space Law lawyer, in Rio de Janeiro on 30 December 2023. Professor Monserrat touched the lives of many students and colleagues interested in, and involved in Space Law and Policy… Read more: Obituary: Professor José Monserrat Filho
- Happy New Year from the IISL!IISL wishes all of its members a wonderful 2024! Starting off the year with a remarkable flashback to the beginnings of space law, we are delighted to make available to you another IISL publication, prepared by our esteemed member and Honorary Director of IISL Stephen E. Doyle. The book “Pioneers of Space Law: Vladimir Mandl”… Read more: Happy New Year from the IISL!
- RESULTS: 32nd Annual Manfred Lachs Space Law Moot Court World FinalsThe 32nd Annual Manfred Lachs Space Law Moot Court World Finals were held on Thursday, October 5 at the Supreme Court of the Republic of Azerbaijan in its capitol, Baku. Presiding were three justices on the International Court of Justice: Her Excellency Judge Xue, His Excellency Judge Brant and His Excellency Judge Tomka. The students… Read more: RESULTS: 32nd Annual Manfred Lachs Space Law Moot Court World Finals