Republic of Angani (Applicant) vs. Federal State of Bolvanger (Respondent)
Case Concerning The Protection Of Dark And Quiet Skies And The Freedom Of Scientific Investigation
Discover the International Institute of Space Law
The International Institute of Space Law (IISL) is the global association for space law with individual and institutional members from almost 50 countries.
The IISL’s key mission is the promotion of further development of space law and expansion of the rule of law in the exploration and use of outer space for peaceful purposes.
"The IISL is an association of all and for all, who intend to promote space law research, teaching, practising and diplomacy, which provides perspective, inclusion and adheres to the principle that the rule of law is at the basis for benefit, welfare, fairness, as well as efficiency.”
Kai-Uwe Schrogl, President
News & Information
- RESULTS: 32nd Annual Manfred Lachs Space Law Moot Court World FinalsThe 32nd Annual Manfred Lachs Space Law Moot Court World Finals were held on Thursday, October 5 at the Supreme Court of the Republic of Azerbaijan in its capitol, Baku. Presiding were three justices on the International Court of Justice: Her Excellency Judge Xue, His Excellency Judge Brant and His Excellency Judge Tomka. The students… Read more: RESULTS: 32nd Annual Manfred Lachs Space Law Moot Court World Finals
- III Seminario Internacional de Derecho Internacional[English below] La Facultad de Derecho de la Universidad Peruana de Ciencias Aplicadas te invita al III Seminario Internacional de Derecho Internacional, a llevarse a cabo en línea los días 6 y 7 de diciembre. La asistencia es gratuita. IISL Member of the Board of Directors Martha Mejía-Kaiser and IISL Members Irmgard Marboe y Catherine… Read more: III Seminario Internacional de Derecho Internacional
- ISPL to offer course on Space WarfareThe London Institute for Space Policy and Law (ISPL) is running a short course on Space Warfare at the end of this month. This Course provides an overview and general understanding of conflict in and through space. The legal, policy and other political factors concerning military and security operations in outer space and the role… Read more: ISPL to offer course on Space Warfare
- Annual Standing Committee ReportsAt the meeting of the IISL Board of Directors held at Brighton, United Kingdom, in October 1987, the Board decided to create a standing committee of the Institute to prepare and submit at each annual Colloquium a report on the status of agreements relating to activities in outer space.Institute members who can contribute substantively to… Read more: Annual Standing Committee Reports
- Eleventh Nandasiri Jasentuliyana Keynote Lecture on Space Law 2019Each year since 2009, at the International Astronautical Congress, the Nandasiri Jasentuliyana Keynote Lecture on Space Law is presented by a leading expert on space law. The 2019 Nandasiri Jasentuliyana Keynote Lecture on Space Law was presented at the IISL colloquium during the IAC in Washington D.C., United States. It was given by Setsuko Aoki and entitled International… Read more: Eleventh Nandasiri Jasentuliyana Keynote Lecture on Space Law 2019